Monday, September 6, 2010

Elijah's birthday...month

August was a very busy month. (As if everyone couldn't tell by how fast it came and went...) Unfortunately I didn't keep up on my blog with all the events happening down here, so I'm trying to make up for it today by sharing some of the highlights.

First things first... I finally got my fishing license renewed, so Steven and I could take Elijah fishing. It was a pretty spontaneous outing, so of course we showed up to the lake when it was almost 80 degrees out with little protection from the sun. Thankfully Steven (the eagle scout) was with us, because I have long forgotten how to tie knots for adding hooks and weights to a fishing line. Without his skills, we would've been stuck trying to catch the fish with our net or with pointy sticks like on Survivor...



From the dock we saw a few small fish, but unfortunately they were too lazy to care about the yummy bait on the hook of Elijah's Spiderman fishing pole to get caught.

Needless to say I didn't have any luck either despite using my awesome hot-pink pole with matching stink-bait. After the 100th time of my line getting tangled up in the reel, I tried using Elijah's pole to minimize frustration. (I think the fish actually liked his better, so from now on I'll be buying a $10 pole to fish with despite what sales-people advise me to do.) At this point in time, I decided that fishing off a dock in 80+ degree heat wasn't the most exciting thing to do when pregnant. By the time this pic was taken, I was ready to go home...


Overall, we had a great time bonding over our attempt to catch fish. Thankfully, Steven brought frozen chocolate bars and other tasty snacks to make the "fishing" trip a fun and relaxing family experience...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big Elijah is! You guys look so cute. Isaiah started fishing with a pole very similiar to Elijah's. He LOVES fishing now and we go all time. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete